Old 05-17-2019, 08:07 AM   #79
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
but yea, i disagree with abortion on a moral level and wouldn't be in favor of one even if i knocked up the worst person in the world. i'd take precautions tho and would plan b it if possible, but im of the "eh i pulled out we should be fine" camp.

i just don't understand why anyone who isn't in alabama cares about this.

the people of alabama want this. im sure there are alot of people who dont, but on the whole you vote on issues and elect representatives that espouse your views.

so move. or don't.

but if you ain't in alabama it literally doesn't concern you and your opinion means less than nothing
1) My wife & I moved to Alabama this year and voted in the midterms. Iirc, something like 20 out of the 26 eligible government positions had republicans running uncontested with no option to vote for a democratic candidate. Granted, I understand that the state as a whole is still overwhelmingly conservative, but it's an awful system that's rigged from the jump, and the ballots only scratch the surface of that topic. Most of the cities (Mobile, Birmingham, etc.) have large liberal populations that don't support this bill at all.

2) This bill matters to the entire country, because the entire purpose of passing it was so it would go to the supreme court with hopes of them overturning Roe v. Wade. Given that Trump has appointed 2 new pro-life justices out of the 9 total justices, 1 of those 2 which Obama was legally entitled to appoint, there's a better chance of that happening now. Doesn't mean it will, but states have already been enacting laws in anticipation of it being overturned.

Last edited by Answer; 05-17-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Answer is offline   Reply With Quote