- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation STI: "WHO'S WHO?!" - BATTLER BIOS by NYCSPITZ and LARS!

- NYCSPITZ:

Ladies and gentlemen, wolves and sheep, liars and the honest...it is my sincere pleasure to present to you a comprehensive bio for each writer, as well as how I would have projected rankings, for this prestigious event. As the illusion of time presses forward, we age - today is the youngest we will ever be; yet it is also the oldest that we have ever been. It is time to take advantage of this precious pearl known as "PRESENT TIME" to cement yourself in the topical HOF...to cement yourself as a legend. Here we go:

BAGS - The almighty king of the discussion forum. A weight room behemoth whose manhood has been forged in the crucible of angry nerds using wordplay and punchlines to temporarily destroy the other's ego. This is a human whose growing recklessness and flamboyance must be celebrated - he has made a staple of posting his tinder conquests, which range from the questionably disgusting, to sometimes the alluring. Why would somebody so openly post such excursions for his online friends? Does this speak of boyhood or manhood @veritas? Like most of you, this is a caucasian man who has embraced the sacred path of the African warrior - he has embraced hip-hop. His taste in mixtapes and albums is actually pretty good, I always keep an eye out for the NC populace's general sentiment regarding music at all times TBH. I have only ever read 1 topical from the man, and it was decent, but does he stack up against elite competition? Only time will tell....

VULGAR - The wordsmith. The joyous journalist. The crazed genius. The word "VULGAR" has for years been synonymous with the himalayan peak of topical prowess. Boasting a top 5 vocab of humans existing all time, in addition to Shakespeare, Jorge-Louis Borges, HAL-900 and Xenon-X76 from area 51, this is a man currently in school working on his craft. Think about it. He is probably the most raw, natural writer in the tournament, and he's so hungry that he's actually STUDYING IN A DOPE COLLEGE RIGHT NOW to further his craft. unbelievable. I have the dude on twitter and he constantly posts a vast array of thought-provoking titles which, if consumed, would undoubtedly lead to a cosmopolitan and genius-level world-view. Having matured into a man *sniff, sniff*, this once paranoid schizophrenic outcast has gained stronger command of his mental resources, even going so far as to collaborate with mad geniuses in order to - for the first time in history - COMPLETELY reverse all paranoid and skitzo tendencies resulting in a healthier world view involving questioning whether or not everything is an illuminati conspiracy. Wisdom comes to the searcher, and there are certainly very few who continue to search as this man has. But will his search take him to the promised land?

SOULSTICE - This man is somewhat of a mystery to me...he seems like a cool dude, but I can't really place how he would be IRL. Is he skinny? Is he fat? Would he be loud and self-assured, or timid, deep and pessimistic? I get the feeling he would be sort of like a mix of those...sort of like Rust Cohle from true detective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNHsPstiNBc

Either way, solstice has been a staple since the ghosts of topical past, and can easily take the whole tournament. If I recall, he lost to pinot in the short-verse tournament with a cool verse about a robot with lasers that was turning into a destructive humanoid or something. Here is a man whose style encompasses mastery in every aspect of t he craft. Wise, he is deceptive. Virtuous, he is a pithy storyteller. Brave, he steps into the frontier of silky smooth multiple rhymes with a daring achieved by very few. He is one of the less active members here. Can he get it done?

FRANK - The reigning champion of the AOWL season six is approaching this tournament with great gusto and pride. However, can he maintain his championship status? He keeps bringing up his stacked win column as proof of GOAT - yet undoubtedly he has championed the weakest AOWL season of all time. compared to the first 4 seasons, 5 and 6 have fallen far short. Does he have enough quality wins under his belt to win TWO titles in a row? We will soon find out...Here is a man who blasts posts upon the discussion forum bringing topical threads to the forefront in a desperate ploy for attention and recognition as GOAT. A man who types with arrogance towards most and strange attachment to others (diode food battle, stalking certain "AYO TALENT WE CAME UP TOGETHER IM PROUD" for the 7,888th time...) Yet despite such strange antics, he in undeniably talented. If he can reach into the deepest depths of his bag of tricks, I think he can maybe make the semis, but with the level of talent honestly I don't think so. Prove me wrong, Frank, prove me wrong...

NYCSPITZ - Your boy has championed the Alias tournament vs Pinot and Write night 2 vs. Darth Yoda aka Big Baby. Two strong wins to be sure, but I haven't really done much damage other than that. My favorite piece is one I wrote against Vulgar in one of the first battles of season 2, or one of the 2 topical wins I have against deadman, one a safari epic and the other a kung-fu monastery epic which is no longer available online. I probably have some other good ones but they always fall short of the mastery I have envisioned for myself. I will have to dig deep and go super saiyan to stand a chance here, because as Certain has stated I have never reached super saiyan 2, let alone 3 or 4. There always seems to be something missing imo from my pieces - a sense of continuity, a flowing story, various writing devices. Can I put it all together this time? I am motivated by the challenge and competition...let's see what happens.

PANCAKEBRAH - Meet Cake Bro - a fellow alcoholic, vagina sniffing, book nerd with a nearly unstoppable vocabulary and mastery of smooth, delicate storytelling. I remember he crushed your boy's full length verse one time with a short, smooth as fuck suicide story about a pussy-whipped beta male book nerd. At his peak, I would place cake easily top 10 of NC all-time, if not top 5. He is a staple in the discussion forum, and encapsulates most of the virile qualities associated with a strong, growing manhood. Topically, he champed Season 2 against a weak Frank verse and boasts many notable victories over top competition, including me, NYCSPITZ. He seems like one of the few bros who would be cool to hang out with in real life on the forum - he would probably behave in a manner very close to what he displays on the forum, instead of all creepy and shy, or insecurely loud as most others here would undoubtedly appear during face to face confrontations with other NC heads. I think cake if he shows will easily make the semis, and a finals verse from him would be epic, and could be placed possibly upon that hallowed mantle of "top 25 topical verses ever written". The question is, can he put down the maker's mark and tinder app (one swipe available per 5 minutes as per montana population) to stop feverishly texting reservation girls with swole boobs, in order to write a dope and coherent verse? I don't know, homie. I don't know...

BIG BABY - Big Baby...aka Darth Yoda, aka Void, aka Dull boy etc. etc. Probably one of the top writers of all time in terms of raw ability and willfully writing at top levels. He has eclectic, somewhat pessimistic intellectual tastes, such as bukowski, and weird paintings of hell which he praised in a dead man OM feed. Mostly, he seems like a bold young man filled with creative intelligence and angst. Like many comrades of his ilk (Vegeta, Hemingway, sasuke from naruto, Tyler Durden), this volatile mix of emotions has led to a strangley complex globule of personality which tends to breed a humorous, cavalier personality, a cavalier personality hiding profound depth and very logical yet warped philosophy regarding his approach to reality. More than once he has stated his fondness for the philosophy that what makes one feel good, is the greatest good for that person. Not like Plato's Good where everything, without the labels and delusions placed upon it by mankind, is somehow inherently pleasurable and good. His pragmatic, yet somewhat cynical and detatched view has led to his becoming a polarized figure in the OMs and Disc forum where people either love him or hate him. Talent wise, I feel sometimes he uses words nonsensically and sacrifices content for eminem rap-god flow, but the crazy thing is, even with that, his mind is so turbulent that one can still sense the underlying power of mental force and strings of depth pulsing throughout the entirety of his verse. Can he win this? Yes. Will he? I don't think so but would enjoy reading him in the finals or semis - would be epic

ENG - The Oxford Olympian. The onerous, oscillating orchestration of OZ. The One. Here is a man attending one of the most prestigious schools in the entire world, and has a style completely unique unto himself. His fragmented, viciously intelligent, vocabulary and image intense style is dope as hell. Usually, if he comes on point, it's hard to find any faults at all. The only problem that could potentially occur is he overthinks it and gets too dense. Alas, the lad is brilliant and pithy enough to know what to do here. When he's not doing his best tier-4 James Bond impersonation on Oxford underclassmen, or searching for Hogwarts secret location on the english coast via weird secretive online message boards, this evil-genius is cultivating the strong, somewhat xenophobic British quality of conquest and arrogance. Even so, this The sun never set ass, colonization ass, weird accent ass motherfucker is my pick for dark horse to win the whole thing. In fact few victors would give me less pleasure than to see Eng take this, as I think this is his opportunity to show the topical world, at its greatest stage, that he has another gear.

Last edited by sral; 08-29-2016 at 05:25 PM.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote