View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 03:11 PM   #30
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

conor has notched some truly impressive wins and is obviously a phenomenal talent with a sniper rifle for a left hand. aldo, alvarez, mendes and in retrospect the poirier and holloway batterings are ALL elite wins.

i give him credit for demanding the nate rematch at the same weight, even if he only eeked out a majority decision - he looked absolutely electric for two rounds. unequivocally. his second wind in the fourth round (the swing round which probably won him the fight) quells some of the doubts about his heart/cardio, too.

khabib's best wins are over a pre-champ RDA (who was beginning his career resurgence) and edson barboza. MJ and iaquinta are decent but not terrific wins: MJ has a horrid ground game, and al (a good fighter) is still developing tbf. the rhetoric around him 'never losing a round' is a bit inflated because he did little of note when he fought tibau - he arguably lost - and i doubt anyone citing his immaculate record has seen his pre-ufc career. i haven't, either, so i'm not saying he has but it kinda doesn't mean a thing. pretty sure he has at least lost in sambo.

everyone loses at some point.

as an aside, kevin lee manhandled barboza much more impressively and aggressively than khabib, which takes some of the lustre off one of his better wins.

if you're counting conor out you're kind of a blind idiot. obviously odds are conor sleeps him or doesn't and gets grapplefucked. but guys have gotten up from under khabib before, and his huge cut may affect his cardio if he doesn't have his way.

the mac is at times ethereal with his distancing, and khabib's entries on his takedown attempts have looked downright desperate at times. there is a gulf to cover in that open space before a tie-up, and you know conor has worked the way of intercepting fist for just a scenario. he also looked very proficient, at times, in the clinch against diaz in the rematch, while khabib doesn't really do anything in the clinch except look for a bodylock takedown. if conor can at all stall a takedown don't be surprised if he can work khabib in the clinch enough to sidestep and create distance once more. though this is kind of difficult when a man digs a grave picking at your legs and ankles.

khabib's standup has looked somewhat improved and he throws decent linear strikes albeit he also has the habit of an overcommited leaping left (usually an uppercut) shown in older fights. that shit would get him knocked out. he pressures fairly well on the feet though, in large part because he has a good chin and the takedown is feared. mac is not run by fear, though.

nothing is a foregone conclusion. to think otherwise is, frankly, stupid. i haven't really got a dog in this fight, i'd just like for the better man, or fighter, to win. tbf i'm leaning toward conor, his is the more aesthetic style. but i used to kickbox, if i was a jitz nerd i might love khabib instead.

enjoy the spectacle for once instead of arguing bitterly for one side or the other.

the vlogs haven't finished so idk why you posted them. tony/pettis and lewis/volkov are pretty intriguing bouts, too.

Last edited by Eŋg; 10-04-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote