View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #8
Clutbuck
Battle Rap's Married Man

Battle Record: 2-0

Champed
- Gorilla Writing league

Clutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant future

I don’t like echoing what the rest have said here; for what it’s worth I enjoy Exis’ verses and the implied flow / rhythmic cadences he uses to drive them forwards. There’s an audio-esque sound to it with the rhyme placement that is often underrated in text, bizarrely, but the repeated sounds help carry this. I liked the idea of tying it in to the current coronavirus crisis, he went beyond the image directly in front of him and transcended it, which some may feel comes off as indirect in terms of the picture - for sure - but personally I tend to think of the topic supplied as a brainstorm session. You take a look at it, you interpret it how you will, and you write accordingly based on your ideas around it. I have no issue with that.

MMLP - I think you matched him in terms of flow here, conceptually yours went beyond what was there also by adding the Mortal Kombat theme layered throughout. The scattering of foreshadowing was present, as is often the case with your pieces, and the degree of technical skill was also more favourable to me personally than the one Exis used. For what it’s worth, your closer didn’t rhyme to me either. Lol.

Vote - MMLP