Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

thought parts of it were beautiful really.

Quote:
Let’s subvert nature just to break a tradition. Does dichotomy not pervade and predate our existence? If you truly know yourself, what could I say or hold sway to make you think different? More than just egoic shells, see those aspects well beyond this frame and its gristle. Born blessed survivors, not by nature a victim. Maybe you’ll listen. Maybe you won’t. Say I’m at fault if it suits you. Say I’m a dolt. Don’t call me a rapper, poet or spoken word artist: I only aim to be human, and still stray from the target. This whole game is catharsis. I don’t claim to be honest. Spent my whole life silently dying for nurture. Fighting inertia, and habits of defining your worth by what lies in your purse or trying to look behind the eyes which observe you. How do you look at yourself and be more concerned with their view? Where’s truth in that
i have only one piece of immediate critique and its minor in scope, but major in effect. if you find yourself using words like "just" or other fillers a lot, re-read and reassess. there's very likely a word to replace it that works to flesh your statement out far more. that or you find you can omit the word altogether and re-work from there.

its.. a sense of succinct brevity. thats what i'm looking for in just about anything i read. relative brevity that communicates sharply and effectively is the key to the door

it's not altogether evident in the above quoted but i found myself catching some redundancies.. mechanically.. while reading that took away from the ideas a bit.

Quote:
Not once have I shared my soul without asking myself - what the fuck am I doing here?

overall - as a reflection on being a person in an interactive space with other people, and all the weird insecurity and self-talk that comes with that, tremendous.

thanks

Last edited by dead man; 07-26-2018 at 11:28 PM.
dead man is offline   Reply With Quote