View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 02:22 AM   #32
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i agree, polls are polls. complete and utter nonsense.

biden isn't the middle of the road guy, he is the establishment middle of the road guy. he's also a bumbling out of touch old perverted fool. no one likes him left right or center, other than heavily entrenched establishment dems.

the media isn't portraying the leftist candidates as radical, their policies are. they may not seem radical in another country, but in america, where there is supposed to be liberty and freedom, they are extremely radical.

there are radical viewpoints the right is for that i disagree with as well, im not attacking them like they are the only nutjobs, just pointing out your views are tinted by things you are for. you need to go after people who aren't for the things you are for. finding one thing you agree on means nothing when you are for 5 other things that they oppose more than anything.

i view myself as the center right leaning person who didn't vote, and has no interest to. the left should be catering to me. im a random middle class working stiff in a swing state. the dems are so far removed from me and others in my position it comes off like they are trying to lose on purpose
not sure what you mean bro. polls are exactly what it's data says. if you mean the select data they show on tv, sure.

being the middle of the road guy and the establishment middle of the road guy is the same thing. biden is still by far the front runner for people over 50. people over 50 are the most likely to vote. he has by far the most support from older african american communities, especially in southern states, including vs trump.

this just sounds like an opinion of yours. it's clear as day that fox news frames every basic social program and anything bernie & aoc say like communism. it's a fact that cnn and msnbc are sponsored by big pharma & health insurance companies and treat medicare for all like an impossibility. it's a fact that jeff bezos owns the washington post and would pay tens of billions of dollars in taxes under a Sanders presidency & they happen to frame his wealth tax as "just plain bad & unfair". there are an endless amount of examples i can recite here. choosing to make healthcare non-profit is not radical. choosing to make public universities less-profit driven is not radical. it's literally the way things were when our parents were kids, and also during our most prosperous middle class era of the last century. the rest of private industry that doesn't serve as a public utility is unaffected. like, you live in ohio bro. haven't you connected the dots that the corporate freedom and liberty of enacting bad trade policy is why youngstown, cleveland, etc look like shit and all the malls are gone and everyones a truck driver? don't you think it's fucked that families have to pay thousands of dollars a month for medication?

skipping this one

listen the policies of a Sanders platform are what they are. They stand for the right things. they've always aimed for the same principals. if they for some reason don't appeal to you, there's nothing anyone's going to do to coax you into it. the goal is to let everyone that would benefit know about it and let them choose. there's at least 100 million people who's lives are seriously saved or dramatically improved under these policies. that's why he has 1.4 million donations, $33 million on hand, $18 at a time from teachers, tradespeople, warehouse workers, truckdrivers, nurses, unions, etc. this is not meant to sound pitchy it's literally just who the majority of his support is from.

but just to see lets pick the last policy he released & u lmk why you don't want it

so say the auto body shop i assume you still work at starts crushing it or sells out to a big vendor and now they're worth 100 mill or decide to go public.... right now & under a trump admin they can and will keep paying you the same amount despite this surge. you might be way busier at work now, or might have added responsibilities for a dollar or two raise, maybe a $500 christmas bonus, obviously as little as they can get away with, that's about it. you have no say. under a sanders presidency the company you work for would give 45% of it's board of director seats to you and your co-workers, voted in by you and your co-workers. every year 2% of the total stock value of that company is given to you and your co-workers, until it hits 20%.

who you goin' with on this one

Last edited by boof; 10-20-2019 at 02:25 AM.
boof is offline   Reply With Quote