View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #8
theMuzzl3

Battle Record: 2-6

theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3

Soulstice:

Your words were pure and well pieced together. Reading it a second time, I still had to use google define again! Reading it through faster and feeling the flow, I realize it flows well too. You weren't hell bent on rhyming lines and the syllables per line are fairly similar. You picked a theme, and you stuck with it… you brought in other creative lines, and brought it back gradually to the shore.

Darth Yoda:

I had to google define many of your words. Your wording was intense, to say the least. You didn't use correct English with your sentence punctuation, which doesn't matter. You used some wordplay that I enjoyed, like "cannabis leaf" and "to weed away". Your approach was artistic, and meticulous. Towards the end, you strived towards possibly pointing out a negative future, but the last line cleaned it up enough, even with the "catalyst kills" part.

I think that Soulstice's verse ended on more of a positive note. His verse was more of a creative story that ended well. If I was voting purely on poetry, he'd have my vote. Darth Yoda clearly showed off his vocabulary, and reading through it quickly; it seemed to flow better that Soulstice's. Soulstice lines were more basic. Both flowed. If I were to vote on how I read it on a beat pattern, Darth Yoda would get my vote.

This is a tough one… its really hard to compare the two styles, as they are so different… yet each so skilled.

I'm going out on a limb here, and voting for structure and ability to be flowing to a beat (in this case flowing faster, which was DarthYoda).

/v Darth Yoda
theMuzzl3 AKA Malibu's Most Wanted

Last edited by theMuzzl3; 10-08-2014 at 08:03 AM.