Thread: Texting is Dead
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 12:09 AM   #61
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
texting is dead as far as i'm concerned. i was around for its hayday, but that was friggin nearly 20 years ago now. fuckin crazy aye?

the progression we made from say, 1999 -> 2005 was leaps and bounds. going from the Tyson era to what I consider the end, the Namix era. Think about how vastly different those styles were. PJK introduced multisyllable rhymes, and we fuckin had a guide that showed you how to make em/be a textcee. I remember when we used to ADD to that book with new inventive styles and shit.

Topicals, too. I think Richard Corey laid down the foundation. Grimm.... folks like Raw. Duke & Bricks Build, Playedwords & mic boof, Inverse & me took it to some beatnik shit, around the time Diode was doing his own thing with topicals. Point is everyone had their own unique style. Now everyone is a clone.

Shiiit's stagnant. Reading any battle or topical here...there's nothing inventive at all. Everyones just doing the shit we already did. It'd be like if everyone still rapped in the 90s wu-tang style.

I've felt this way since I came here way back when, i've just always been too wasted to put it in a coherent post.

In conclusion, I think the only hope would be if we had a thriving audio scene like we did on b-boys. I think textceeing is just a dead medium, it's over, nothing more to be done with it. That'll never be true for music.

where are all the audio heads now? people used to kill it! yall remember Kuan? oof. & thr3 was on some next level shit. BlackJesus did his thing too. where are these folks these days?
word.

meanwhile, we have digital currency now.... we use to have to skeptically give strangers our home address to send us checks for pay tourneys back in the day haha..

there were several times i actually just punted on the $$ bc of that.... you remember Raw Scientz (legit af) bro Doc Spitz (cool 'nuf dude, but he'd drive there)? lol

do it fellas.