Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigger Jim View Post
Science means knowledge. The Bible is full of science. How did Isaiah know the world was a circle? How did Job know of the 7th star of the plieades?
@Dominate

This is the part where you just don't answer me and say I am too stupid to "get it" then tap out and come back in a few months with some new foolishness your perverted Google searches provide you.

Dad is here
OK so I started reading.

I'm not sure what your point is for the 7th star of the plieades. Maybe you can link me to something? All I turned up from googling is that the plieades is a constellation that's been known to a bunch of civilizations for thousands of years, and that it's mentioned in the bible. Are you trying to claim the bible describes something about it that wasn't already known to man at that point? You'll have to link me - I couldn't find anything.

About the world being a "circle", as you said... Well, that's pretty much the counter argument right there. The world is *not* a circle, it's a sphere. But in Job the correct translation is most definitely "circle" - the word for "sphere/ball" is used elsewhere in Job.

You can twist the interpretation to make it fit the science, but again - that's my point. Without science you would interpret it as meaning the earth is a circle - flat. Religious people DID hold this view until science conclusively disproved it. We had this conversation a while ago and I thought we got somewhere - we agreed that although (hypothetically for me) God's word is perfect, man's interpretation of it can be and has been wrong, so current interpretations of the bible could be wrong. I'm only saying something that's a logical step from that - that science/reason is needed to arrive at the correct interpretations.