View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
Hawk
Banned

Battle Record: 1-0

Hawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant futureHawk has a brilliant future

Obviously it was very well written. I resonate with the BJ Penn stuff because he was one of my favorite fighters oat. I remember the interview before Penn GSP 2, I believe it was the first time they followed the fighters around for weeks before the fight. And Penn said it was the first time he was actually doing a "traditional" training camp. It was pretty amazing what he had done in his career without those camps. It was in that same series that he jumped out of a pool of water onto the ledge without using his hands, which I became infatuated with doing for an entire summer after.

I think it was in the same interview when he spoke on his childhood and how he learned to fight. I always found it hilarious because iirc it's almost the opposite of most of these guys in the UFC. He grew up rich, but had to walk through a very poor neighborhood to get to/from school. He had to learn to fight because the other kids in that neighborhood would try to rob him, and take his shoes.

As far as the rest of it, I like how you tied it into what you do/did here. That was pretty awesome and I think everyone can relate to wanting to be the best. If you don't think you can be the best there's no point in competing. Who wakes up going "I hope I can be average!".

Good shit!
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote