View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #29
wasim
The Conqueror

wasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
they just don't get mainstream love but there are plenty of them. nick dipaolo comes to mind.

its always interesting to see people put up comedy lists though because im a huge comedy nerd, like we're all hip hop nerds. so when people put up lists i feel how we all do when a casual fan of hip hop puts up there top 10.

patrice could've been the goat. but i view him how i view biggie. he didn't do enough. what he did put out was top tier, but word. i'd put him in my top 10.

but there are too many people with way too many styles and shit. pryor and carlin to me are like big daddy kane and rakim or something. carlin might be kool g rap lol. they gave birth to the styles 90 percent of comedians run with, but people built off the foundation they laid and surpassed them for sure. in my eyes.

but yea there are too many i was going to try to compile shit but its all too subjective, and i like alot of all of it.

i'm also biased because i enjoy alot of people conversationally opposed to stand up. im becoming less and less a fan of actual stand up. but i've never been a bigger fan of COMEDIANS.
yeah, i've been leaning more into podcasts of some comedians or just in general for the last 3-4 years instead of stand up as well. honestly i don't even care for 99% of the netflix comedy specials out right now. unless it's someone i know or someone suggests it to me i really don't feel like watching it. weird to say this because I used to love watching stand up specials 10-15 yrs ago on hbo or comedy central.

who remembers that show last comic standing with jay mohr? lmaoo shit was so weird
wasim is offline   Reply With Quote