View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #19
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
Without incentives, the contract is 45 million a year and he's locked in it for a decade. For comparison, Wilson makes 35 million a year, and so over that span of 10 years, the difference is 100 million, which is more or less 2 1/2 years of Wilson's salary for a guy who's 6 years younger and still well into his prime.

It's definitely a new precedent, but it's not quite as insane when you account for inflation and the fact that QB salaries are constantly on the rise. If in 7 years, top tier QB's are getting paid 55 million or 60 million a year, he needs to take that into consideration now.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still a giant ass contract. I'm sure some of it is a superbowl bonus and reimbursement and retroactive payment since he was only making $645,000 last year and has been making under a million every year since he was signed. I'm also willing to bet at least 1 other team was already about to offer him 40 - 50 a year.

He has 2 different opportunities to opt out and re-up i read.

It's literally the best contract in sports history.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote