View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #73
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
Why cant they make there country what they want it to be.
A lot of people ain't built for war or being violent, and most know that if they get involved friends and family is the ones taking the worst of it. Egypt just went through some serious shit some time ago but it takes a lot out of a country to get together and do something like that, and in many cases it's for nothing.

A lot of people have tried protesting only to get raided and killed. Under Milosevic my Albanian father was a political activist trying to better his own country, handing out flyers and all that jazz. During one of these peaceful protests where they were handing out flyers there was a raid, they showed up and just opened fire on them in the middle of the day. I don't know if anyone got killed as my father rarely talks about it, or wants to talk about it, but he got shot through the torso and survived.

He was then sent to a hospital and then back home for recovery as very few is stupid enough to run. He was supposed to recover there for 1 day before being sent to God knows what kind of prison and from there torture and anything regarding political activism would be figured out in one way or the other. He escaped and eventually got to Norway.

His father was royally pissed since the Serbs would come knock on the door multiple times of the day and keep checking throughout several months to see if he would come back. Not only was he pissed due to that but the fact that they very easily could have been taken in, or been injured/tortured or killed one by one to try to get him out of hiding, was a real threat. It was probably due to how pissed of my grandfather was that made them believe them that they had nothing to do with him running away, and you damn straight my grandfather would give him up in order to save his other brothers and sisters.

The shit the Serbs would do was rape random women and sometimes kill/torture random men on open streets as a means to show power. If my father had stayed they very likely could have raped his mother out on the streets in front of everyone to set an example. They killed a shitload just because they could, and to show "look what we can do, and you can't do shit about it." People with rocks vs a militarized and organized army that'd take anything to fight back away from you, or kill you for it, is not done with ease. In a lot of these areas they'll raid their own people, have agents everywhere posing as civilians and have informants, or force people to become informants, in order to keep the control.
It's tough fighting back or get enough together to join political raids in order to overthrow whoever is in power if you know for a fact that you'll most likely one day come home and see your entire family killed, unless you are killed yourself, in which case your family may still be killed to set an example. It's a huge emotional issue, and a lot are farmers or business men not really having the fighting spirit in them. They just want to live life, you know?

With help from the US to further keep that power in terms of finances and weapons it makes it even more impossible to fight back. I've lost a friend to ISIS myself, and I blame Norways, the US and other countries backing of what has been going on over there for it cus ISIS wouldn't exist without our involvement. I can go in depth on how they manage to recruit these people too, but in short they have the best manipulators in the world that has ever existed, and prey on youth that has no one and would fight for anything as long as they feel loved and taken care of.

It's easy to say "why can't they fight back" when you don't have to worry about hitting an IED on your way to work, or worry that your family and friends will be killed if you say anything bad about the government (or people taking power in your area) if you do. Just the rumor of you talking against it could get you killed. If it's really bad you also won't have internet, or any serious means of banding together before getting caught (or worse). Any form of trying to band together enough to take a stand can lead to mass killings in areas, and it will never be heard about cus right now some shit in Uganda gains more views. So, not only are you risking yourself in a country with no modern ways of communicating, but imagine if standing up for your beliefs and go against injustice could result in your block getting bombed so others won't do the same. Cus they don't care who is responsible and who isn't as long as they get their point across. And hey, China and/or Russia is backing them with weapons, training and soldiers as well to keep it going. Then suddenly China or whatever figured that what they did was wrong, so the destabilization and war mongering bullshit keeps happening and making areas, cities and towns too dangerous to live in. Your best bet is to run, and hope the world cares enough to do something so you can eventually move back and live like you were supposed to. It's pretty rare you meet people that have immigrated from a country due to war not wanting to go back at some point as long as it's safe to move back.

Gotta be tons of fun to run from shit like some of the stuff above only to be incarcerated and not even being a given a toothbrush or hygiene products to you even if it was donated by others.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 07-15-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote