View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 12:25 AM   #250
White LGI

Battle Record: 3-3

White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
If republicans gave a real fuck about the sanctity of life, they wouldn’t continue to attack wages and attack impoverished mothers and communities of color, all while making sure most people in their own states are too poor to afford a single child. They mock them for wanting higher wages and they legislate higher wages into law for themselves just for fun.
They attack planned parenthood, which exists like 95% to ensure that people can plan for a family and have protected sex until they are ready for a child, and provide care and education ensuring that an abortion is the absolute last choice.
If republicans didn’t do all that, I might actually believe them when they go on and on about the preciousness of life. I wouldn’t agree, but they wouldn’t look like they’re completely full of shit like they do.
Women get abortions because they are unable to carry a child to term or unable to give it what it needs to grow and flourish. Usually because the pregnancy was unintended, be it consensual or through rape. Now, in the first case, it’s not super shocking that areas that don’t practice comprehensive sex education have a much higher rate of teen pregnancy.
They set them up with no education then pass laws based on their outdated draconian views on sex for them to try and live up to. They cripple healthcare and education, and set up an atmosphere of toxic masculinity that result in more rapes and less chances of reporting that rape less justice for rapists and less rape deterence.
It’s oppression, brutality, fear-mongering ignorance. They have no desire to actually protect life. Every policy they stand behind does the opposite in both philosophy and action.
If you dislike abortion, then your responsibility is to do everything in your power to ensure women don’t need to seek it out.
It’s pretty clear that this isn’t the case here.
Yet the economy is historically better under Republicans outside baby Bush and that was caused by bipartisan support of the war on terror being trumped up.

And I hate c a cs
White LGI is offline   Reply With Quote