View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 04:51 PM   #10
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Consensus

once Flow brought up the recycling punch angle, things got interesting. I thought Blue handled it perfectly though. Combing back with the “let me know when you drop an actual punch” was probably the best way he could flip it... then his “curls on the side” rebuttal to the weird Jewish punch from Flow sealed it. Easily the wittiest punch of the battle and a perfect way to tie in the missed punch from Flow.

Rebuttals weren't the strongest part of this battle to me. The bars themselves like Jon Rahm and NBL is your baby were great, but are more highlights from a reg battle. Pretty much all of the flips were predictable or uninteresting aside from curls on the side.

From a rebuttal aspect this battle was a let down. I was actually underwhelmed with Flow in this battle, as I was excited for him to join the league after seeing some of his previous material. As quoted by another judge above, the curls on the side punch was line of the battle, but I thought the way Blue handled the recycling allegation neutralized Flow's best attack, and then followed it up with a nice double team rebuttal. That exchange was the key to the battle, for me.

Verdict

4 judges felt Blue took it comfortably, while 1 thought it was close, but ultimately Blue edged it.

5-0 Blue wins