View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #16
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenox View Post
Worddd. How do I make better drums
Uh oh is the drum king. He likes more live drum sounds, whereas i usually prefer 808 sounding drums. Uh oh likes the East Coast style samples where its mostly soul and he can layer the existing drum patterns and accentuate the original sound. Its nice because he will filter the lows and pump the bass out of the original sample and the live sounds work together to make it sound like it was always supposed to sound like that.

Me, I like to filter out the lows completely and play my own bass lines. So I need the super mega hard hitting drums to smash through the lows I just created. Even in the last beat I posted I distorted the bass to make that shit POP.

As far as patterns go, so literally the spots where youre playing your drums. Try and listen to your sample and play along with the loop you created. So when the kick drum drops you try and hit it exactly. Snare drums are almost always on the 5th beat. So KICK-2-3-4-SNARE.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote