- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Lars - Excellent verse, a Smithsonian style summarization of the history of Earth and mankind. My only complaint is that there isn't much personality injected into the bloodstream of this verse. It's more of a neutral voice of reason kind of narrator, which is okay, but sometimes when a verse gets lengthy and it's written in this style I get restless before the end arrives. I don't think that happened here, just a word of advice for next time is to maybe distribute more ice breakers to avoid monotony in certain cases. The rhyme schemes were top notch for the most part. You made it look easy to word every line meticulously while it still carried relevant meaning. The language was well sewn, never rushed, however, the concept itself wasn't as unique as it gets. What made it original and your own was how you executed it from start to finish: with finesse, sensitivity and accuracy. Commendable take on the topic and probably your strongest verse of the tournament so far.

dead man - Sick verse, you brought out all of the stops in this one. It was about when giants roamed the Earth, and what they brought to it when there were magical forces at stake. Creation, destruction and rebirth. The imagery was vibrant and you really drove home a delectable amount of different elements relating to the ocean, mythology and the natural sciences. The way you ended the piece in gentle fashion gave me the impression that this is the end of the world: the last frontier of peace, and the children of King Triton or whichever mighty god-like giant are wading in the waters, waiting for erosion to claim its last castle on the limestone vista. While you wrote a full bodied, elegant verse, what set it apart from Lars' submission was that his had more harmony with the topic and less of a "hearty push" to make the content as streamlined as possible. I thought you got into gear, meandered a bit, and then followed that outline of hot, cool and entertaining for the duration of your verse. Lar's verse had chemistry without friction, if this makes sense. His tone was consistent, while yours claimed a greater capacity for sporadic instances of image-enhanced detail backed by a fragmental story-frame. It's one of those things: do I want a slice of pumpkin pie or do I want a birthday cake with frosting, chocolate syrup and strawberries on top?

My vote goes to Lars because he brought a balanced act. dead man's was bursting with energy and he wasn't trying to test the waters here. He was trying to fire cannons at Lars' ship. I think he hit and missed during his enthused conceptual volley. Lars went for a silent torpedo beneath the waters approach, using his strength which is gradual storytelling, and he got the job done. Just my take on the battle.

Props and respect to both. You are both ill writers and competitors. I'm looking forward to matches in the near future..

Last edited by Vulgar; 03-01-2014 at 09:35 PM.