View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #48
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Thinking fast and slow was fiiiiiiire I'll definitely have to peep

Word I can dig it....lot of catholic raised friends of mine basically despise organized religion as they grew up

Actually cliche as it is I started reading a book on St Patrick lol got inspired on the holiday

But word I mean.... my thoughts on like what do I actually believe in were rooted in the concept of fear. Like.....who or what do I look for when I'm nullified by absolute fear and for me that was God..... obviously there's plenty of God's to choose from..... I like to read apologetic works....where they basically argue their religion is right lol that way I can kind of decide who is making the most sense. I read everything though....I read these athiests.... Dawkins and that other smug prick I can't think of.....I've read most of the major religious texts.... Quran, tsoa te ching(I fucked that up lol) uhh the Hindu one....with Krishna....oh the bahgavita....butchered that too lol.

Honestly since you like Peterson id check out maps of meaning......it's hugely philosophical and discussed the relevance of having some form of religious view of the world

One of the first things I read aside from the Bible was maybe Eckhart tolle the power of now..... More of a new age spirituality book that speaks on eliminating the existence of time through mediation.... basically budhism

I decided a long time ago to become Christian so I focus alot of my reading on Christian history, apologetics and literature but I mean I'd suggest reading all of the religious texts and seeing what makes sense to you and go from there

You have to really be into it tho cuz some of those texts are dry af lol. Sometimes it's more rewarding to read commentaries that explain the texts or give historical context on them so you can understand a bit better the significance of what is being said.

For me like u said I started by wanting to get my physical fitness in shape....from there I started just listening to lifting podcasts and at some point I heard someone say they read everything and since they started reading their life skyrocketed into success.....so I started reading everything

Eventually in my thirst for knowledge of everything I started seeing the recurring theme of religion and ideology in everything I was reading and decided that if I wanted to understand myself and how the world works that was what I needed to be studying.

I study everything tho, history, psychology, sociology, economics, literature, theology, science etc
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote