View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
Someone needs to come with fire and then only the top OM heads should decide on HOF.
Sounds good to me.

I get Deadman's verses, they can be abstract/philosophical reflections on life and emotional situations tho, so it can sometimes be hard to pick up unless you give it some thought. He doesn't always hit but he comes correct more often than not imo. I do agree with some of what you're saying tho, however, the problem with leaving out nominations is that a lot of pieces will end up in obscurity because the "OM-heads" just didn't read that much that month. We need more eyes to scope through the sea of filth to find the gems, the "OM-heads" will remember whether or not they've read a verse but should also be respectable enough that they won't dismiss a verse just because they saw who wrote it, gotta give each submission a fair chance, which is what you didn't do with Universe's verse. And ofc, you can't nom your own.

Let's be real, this place isn't active enough right now to put faith in top writers to do the heavy lifting all on their own cus most don't frequent OM enough, or give feed. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but it's not enough to base VotM on. It'd be too focused on certain styles if we got 2-3 people doing the work of scoping every submission in the OM each month. It doesn't have to be a big official thing, just something fun to keep running. Could be 100% community driven too, fuck the naysayers and nepotism, if enough people find something good regardless of skill it's what the majority of people on the site liked the most, and that could be good enough. We can start this idea from scratch too, but I wouldn't be opposed to your ideas if it works over time cus that would be best. But it needs a varied panel of at least 5 people that actively scopes OM and reads/leave feed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 03-18-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote