View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Soul - a nice story of failed love, or hope in it lasting. Strong writing regarding emotion, it was a somber read although a tad feminine for my usual taste. I did enjoy the tone ironically, and flow for the most part. Although, I will say I did not like the change up in "whispers of mutiny run down your neck". It disrupted flow but quickly corrected itself. All in all, strong writing and phrasing to convey emotion. From lost ship to holding memories. I especially liked the concept of this "dream scape, or realm", built by the two in the relationship, being slowly destroyed by said relationship. This reminded me of that Dicaprio movie not to long ago, where he gets trapped in the mind trying to extract secretes and shit. Solid writing as always regardless if it just isn't my natural taste in content.

Darth - You dealt with humaninty in its typical negative light, and how were are driving this ship into the depths of failure. You sprinkled so many metaphors into this shortened verse that it was a pleasure to read given topic/route you went with. The writing was solid, especially those metaphors. I enjoyed the use of writing as metaphor, and wish you stayed true to that instead of adding in drugs or other concepts. Sticking to one would have made this a more difficult write, thus more enjoyable read. None the less, it was solid writing start to end.

this is a tough vote because you both had strong writing in concepts and materializing said concept. You both did go with concepts that have been beaten over the head time and time again of the vets, but both still eventually succedded because of the strong writing. In the end, I really liked them both for the same reasons and disliked for the same reasons. So based off preference alone. I have to go

v/ Soulstice

Again, very close battle. If Yoda had focused more energy on his calligraphy concept rather then venturing off I would have def given him the edge ever so slightly. as is, soul by a very slim margin.

TUPAC SHAKUR