oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

well since NO ONE ELSE IS PARTICIPATING IN THE DISCUSSION

obv I agree with Pinot here. I think it's a shallow way to interact with a book to see it through the lens of your own experiences. I'm actually from a place where white people are a minority, I grew up on the poorer end of working class, I've probably been in more fights than Coates - but as soon as I start going down that path, I lose my ability to gain anything from reading.

one of the very best parts of reading is its ability to transport you into a different perspective/mode of thinking/universe. it sounds like you (uh-oh) came into the book with some ideas about it already determined, and responded from those places that you already inhabited. that's just my guess.

but, no one can argue the taste. not saying you have to like the book, or any book, but I think there's more to be gained from trying to meet the author in the middle as opposed to expecting them to come to you nah mean.