View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 10:08 PM   #27
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

This was dope as fuck. Agree with you Inno, one of my favs on here as well.

writing’s cathartic as cliche as night is to darkness.
my life’s in a harness: wife’s trying to harvest
a slice of what’s most ripe in my garden
^This stuck out the most to me. Piece as a whole was solid but this right here hits you right in the gut with excellent penmanship to top it off.

In terms of rhyming but doesn't, I got a thought in terms of rhymeschemes as it seems to break up the flow here and there. Y'all are more experienced than me tho, so correct me if I'm wrong:

over my armoury’s lot - would i rather be unarmed?
probably not. honestly? i’m not honest. i’m not.
^But here, after "Honestly?" it starts with I'm instead of -ot word. Not that it has to, but since it continues from words like "armoury's", "Probably" and then another "-y" word comes along. Brains seem to get caught up in patterns and places like here the pattern is "broken", ye, it still rhymes and follows a certain but flow but during a read it breaks it up without meaning to do so. Even if you did mean to switch up the flow a bit the brain don't want that yet? Idk, just some thoughts, I might be wrong.

The syllabic pattern here is good but relies on nursery rhyme (or using a word twice despite being a very good place to do so):
or reason to better… myself or simply reason! unfetter
the chains of thought and ease all the pressure

Again, it rhymes but like earlier perhaps too many instances of not perfect rhymes makes the flow line up but the rhymes dwindle in effect here and there & vice versa with my earlier example, causing the effect of what white earl speaks about when he says "Your shit flows but it doesnt. Idk." It could very well be a style choice as well, I don't find much fault with it personally but thought I'd air my thoughts in case it'd bring some light to anything

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 10-19-2020 at 10:25 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote