Old 11-30-2016, 06:13 AM   #35
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

agreed, but its cheap, that can't be denied. renewable energy may be cheaper if our entire country was already set up for it. but its not. so to make the switch would be ridiculously expensive. you also gotta keep in mind its bigger than keeping lights on. i work in a small body shop that has to run big compressors, a giant booth that bakes cars and is climate controlled, heating the place etc.

so much of our infrastructure is set up for gas that to change it all overnight would be ridiculous.

but the "free market" we allegedly exist in, is actually moving in that direction slowly, with innovations from the tesla dude and them. i can see us transitioning, i just don't see it as cheap at all. I also can't imagine how many natural minerals or whatever like lithium would be needed to create the batteries needed for every home, let alone every factory and place of business. how much electricity needs to be created and harnessed just to power a single wal mart lol

when you look at the big picture fossil fuels are pretty cheap and efficient. its not great for the enviornment sure, but realistically right now its our best bet. as more innovation is made that could be different.