View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Kannon - First half of your verse slightly touches the subject of what you're going for. I know it's hard to do in just 10 lines but I'd like to know if there was a reason to why you were losing touch with them. Just moving away doesn't really seem like reason enough for them to do so. That said the second half of your verse really picks it up again as far as content goes. It gets more emotional as you get to learn more about the characters, their morals/ethics and their emotional connections. There's definite love here and the last two lines really wrapped up the story and the topic as well with the emotional bond they got and put somewhat of an closure to all her worries before she passed away. (At least that was how I interpreted the last line knowing that might not have been what you intended.)

Well done, you did a lot with just 10 lines. Enjoyed the read.

Pent uP - Excellent wording, the first line really set the tone of your verse and you kept the consistency up throughout the verse. I'd say the verse is really dark and atmospheric, well done and stylistic. The last line really puts a cord in you but wraps it up perfectly.

Vote
- Pent uP. Kannon's verse was heartfelt and real, the verse itself was executed effortlessly and shows that emotional verses with a basis of love can be executed perfectly without seeming redundant and/or boring. The family matters he portrayed can be related to most readers in one way or the other, and by writing it with a straight forward approach the verse should hit everyone at some level whether they're writers or not. He did a lot with 10 lines although the distance that was created between the character and certain family members is left unknown.
Pent uP managed to write an incredible piece with just 10 lines as well, stylistically I enjoyed his verse more. Mixed in with interesting lines from a writers standpoint it engages you, the way his lines and imagery is incorporated into a heartfelt piece written in first perspective makes you see it from the characters perspective and feel for him as he takes the leap of faith that inevitably seals his fate.

I really enjoyed this battle and it's my favorite so far, I hope it doesn't go unnoticed. Well done by both.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o