View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 12:46 AM   #10
Sovereign
The Bat God

Battle Record: 1-2

Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign

SOVEREIGN'S VOTE ON BATTLE: Slechtn vs. R!canTheoryz

Slechtn: I liked the relevance of this. The final concept was original, but the Russian/rushin' wordplay wasn't. Your multis were somewhat problematic; you set up a 4-syllable scheme with "in-sisting to brawl" and "Fist to the jaw," but then broke it with the first two syllables of Steven Seagal, unless you have some accent that I'm not familiar with; do you pronounce the long "ee" sound as the short "i?"

I thought that the second line was long-winded, though I'm not really sure how you could have shortened it. Overall: good punch, mediocre execution. Final Score: 12/20

R!canTheoryz: Well... the punch was alright, nothing great. Even though you had several multi sets, the fact that the first three were close to each other, followed by a large gap between the third and fourth one, made the flow rather awkward. It wouldn't have flown in a live battle, that's for sure. I really wasn't impressed with this. Final Score: 10/20

Final Thoughts: While neither punch was mind-blowing, one was more creative, and that earned its writer the win.

Slechtn gets my vote over R!canTheoryz (12 - 10)

Last edited by Sovereign; 11-14-2016 at 12:50 AM.