View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #8
Ajax

Battle Record: 5-4

Ajax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant future

LOL @ fake Rudge1 showing up outta the blue.

Anyway, this was really close and pretty entertaining. Closer than I expected, frankly, after the last few verses Ive read from Zuch. Each was concisely executed and relatively well worded. I think Zuch's was slightly more original/witty, although not by much. The problem with Ispaz's verse is that he had a bunch of punchline concepts that have been done a million times... so, even though they were modestly creative, they were never better than a B or B minus.

Zuch's weren't much more creative this time around, but they were by a hair. And enough for him to take this.

Unrelated side note... I have no clue what this "statement" issue is, as if its some kind of knock against a line/style. Battles are about upping yourself and dissing the opponent. You can do that by talking about how great you are and/or how awful the other guy is... as long as its creatively done, it doesn't really matter which way you do it. Great verses will have a mixture of both. I've literally never read a good battle verse that doesn't have a ton of "statements" in it.

Anyway, side rant over. Zuch won this by a hair. Cheers to both.