View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:37 AM   #14
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
I Adont think it's to blame either but just an interesting conversation I had with a rapper tge other dsy who uses the word faggot like its going out of fashion and listens rappers who do also amd pondered the correlation and if that translates to real homophobia
I would say it translates to real homophobia the moment you're aware of it and use it for the sole purpose to challenge peoples perception of the word when used in a clear cut context. So instead of saying ''nigga'' you say it with hard ''er'' at the end instead (not saying it's the same at all, just explaining how the difference in usage changes the context and meaning), however, if you give the ''faggot'' no thought and uses it as an insult or a word in a song and people react it's no different than a religious nut going crazy for you saying ''fuck''.

It has nothing to do with homophobia in the same way a white person might say ''nigga'' isn't racist in itself (inappropriate and cringey perhaps, but not racist) unless you're saying it for no reason other than to spark a negative reaction from another human being for who they are as an individual and not just used as a curse word to spice up the lyrics or your language a bit. It doesn't translate to real homophobia, and nigga doesn't translate to real racism.

Miscommunication is society's challenge, getting distraught at words without taking context into account only makes the people that takes it personal idiots for not seeing the intentions behind them. People got to stop being offended at everything.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 12-04-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote