View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #19
Ink

Battle Record: 5-5

Ink is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to all

lars: Love that title. As I was reading along your story of evolution, which read really smooth, with great rhymes, diction, and construction, I was wondering how this tied into the topic picture. And then I read that last line - what a way to close the piece and tie it all together. Overall a superb read.

dead man: Not that this is relevant, but I couldn't help wonder what program you type your verses on.. It's gotta be notepad or something, because Word automatically capitalizes after a period, and I can't see you caring to go back and lowercase it by hand after the autoformat. Anyways, moving along. This was also a phenomenal verse.
"his dialect was wavelength and molecular bond"
"swordfish dual at 7 sharp. that's 20 paces a side"
Just two of many lines that stuck out for me, that first one was dope, that second one, was just clever to me.. though I'm sure others will think I'm strange for thinking so. The word choice, imagery, and flow was all polished and left very little to be desired..

Lars took the topic and interpreted it figuratively ( we’ve paradise in our grasp, yet it’s never seemed so far from our reach…) while dead took the topic and gave it a physical existence in his verse. Both had very polished submissions with hardly any hiccups in terms of mechanics or storytelling, and I think ultimately the decision on this battle is going to come down to the subjective choices of the voters...

Vote: This is pretty tough to call... But after giving both yet another read, I'm going to give this one to Lars. Both were exceptional, but how Lars ended his verse was the what tipped it slightly in his favor for me.

STILL working on that book I left competing for... ig: @dchang.poetry