View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 12:41 PM   #9
Bladed Thesis
ExSol Meets HolyIsh

Battle Record: 4-2

Bladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant future

Blue: What was it like to write this story? It's horrifying, menacing and very very dark.

It felt to me like a bazooka to the mind and read like a cannon in my soul.

One day after people were killed in the labor day shootings, I traveled to netcees to better understand the literary genius of military-style topicals and, hopefully, explain their appeal to nerds.

But mostly, I was just terrified. I've read fiction before, but never something like a blue topical. Read lightly on the internet and the resulting explosion of thoughts is humbling and deafening (even with eyeglass protection).

The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brash line rhymes disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of intelligence and destruction made me sick. The wordplay loud like a bomb gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after reading the topical just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

Even with the forum in dark mode, it is very simple to read off two dozen lines before you even know what has happened. If illegally modified to fully light mode, it doesn't take any imagination to see dozens of lines falling in front of you screen.

All it takes is the will to do it.

One topical battle can be gone in 60 seconds.

Johnny: I thought your take on the picture was interesting and you had some good lines. The rhyme scheme was decent and I thought the imagery of being drawn to the tv was good, especially "Broadcast subliminal whispers to the ears of willing teens" which really stood out to me.

Vote: Johnny. More topical, definitely relative to the picture at hand and felt he conveyed his idea of the subject slightly better.

mere morals fall again, mere mortals stall my blades?
ive gone everywhere 'n everywhere gone gotten Hall of Fame