View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 03:05 PM   #52
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

@Cereal - Haha, for sure. I do love that vibe, style of writing and stuff too when done really well, though. It's just that I never really feel at home with it, the atmosphere or whatever. Can't really put my finger on exactly what it is. If that makes sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
Rhyming is very frowned upon in the poetry world but imo that’s because they can’t do it anywhere near the complexity level that we’ve reached.
I feel like it has its place but a lot of the hate towards it comes of to me as projection because a vast majority just can't do it beyond single syllabic rhyming, or willing to put in the work to learn, so free form is more accepted and understood. A lot of readers don't pick up on it either. But those that read and/or write sonnets and strict form poetry and excel at it is on "Whoa!" levels of good. And I do agree that the level reached here is next level stuff not picked up by the writing world yet, but I have no doubt it will be eventually.

People can't really hate on it too much either cus too many of the greats are amazing. The storytelling and depth in The Raven is an example and personal fav of mine I bring forth when people are set on free form poetry as the one and only form that doesn't come off as "childish".

Micro novels sound interesting though, never thought about that being a thing. You still writing children books and stuff tho? If so, how's that coming along?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote