View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 07:32 PM   #171
Pakistani Hand Cannon

Pakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
I included audiobooks for sure. Probably 70% or so were in audio format, but I don't personally find that to be any less valid. it's more about time constraints for me. I can listen to audiobooks while Im at work, so I have 8hrs a day that I can dedicate to audiobooks. I can read a physical book quicker than an audiobook if the time factors are controlled, so I don't really feel like its cheating....maybe just enhancing efficiency lol.

but word to retention... even if the retention rate is lower for audio (not sure if this has actually been proven) I still have more time to revisit certain subjects and authors in different books that consider more angles that I may have not absorbed from a previous book that I listened to.

Idk its all subjective...a lot of people I talk to debate the idea of audiobooks being a valid platform....but I also read extensively more physical reading materials than they do as well. Based on my experience, I dont think theres a large enough difference to not consider them in my list.

I really just maintain the list so that I can keep track of books and authors that I enjoy. That way I can revisit them or try to remember what the book discussed.

at the end of the day too its just a silly list that I started doing a few years ago to motivate me to read and its been really helpful.

I read that Kyballion book you recommended a while back BTW. shit was fire.

Salute, my guy.
yeah word to all this tbh.

wasnt tryna insinuate you shouldnt count them shits either. its your list, fuck what anyone else is talkin in regards to it. unless you tryna snob it up & impress niggas talm bout "oh ive read this many books" & shit, like who gives a fuck. personal growth/understanding is the essence, no?

in my personal experience there is a difference between the two - the biggest one being i can listen & do other shit at the same time - which also means my attention can waver more so when listening - as opposed to being physically sat with a book, body & eyes fixed.

i just tend to rewind audiobooks at times where i know like 10mins has gone by & i know i wasnt hearing a muthafucking thing of what was said.

but yeah, retention. if i had to call it, i might say i retain things i hear better than than i do reading them.

plus knowledge was passed down verbally prior to it being written/read.

so i hear you - subjective.

& word on the kybalion

recommend me a joint or two you found value in, i'll check em.
Pakistani Hand Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote