View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 01:44 PM   #169
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

I included audiobooks for sure. Probably 70% or so were in audio format, but I don't personally find that to be any less valid. it's more about time constraints for me. I can listen to audiobooks while Im at work, so I have 8hrs a day that I can dedicate to audiobooks. I can read a physical book quicker than an audiobook if the time factors are controlled, so I don't really feel like its cheating....maybe just enhancing efficiency lol.

but word to retention... even if the retention rate is lower for audio (not sure if this has actually been proven) I still have more time to revisit certain subjects and authors in different books that consider more angles that I may have not absorbed from a previous book that I listened to.

Idk its all subjective...a lot of people I talk to debate the idea of audiobooks being a valid platform....but I also read extensively more physical reading materials than they do as well. Based on my experience, I dont think theres a large enough difference to not consider them in my list.

I really just maintain the list so that I can keep track of books and authors that I enjoy. That way I can revisit them or try to remember what the book discussed.

at the end of the day too its just a silly list that I started doing a few years ago to motivate me to read and its been really helpful.

I read that Kyballion book you recommended a while back BTW. shit was fire.

Salute, my guy.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote