View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #41
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
We already crossed that bridge, that many people already died, so clearly what’s happening NOW AINT WORKING if that’s a measure of failure.

It really is simple. The people you are referring to that are likely to die (mostly elderly or with other health complications) THEY are the ones who should stay home 24/7. I have yet to have ANYONE tell me how someone can catch corona by staying home 24/7.

Everyone else should be able to resume daily lives as normal, no mask mandate, no forced vaccine. Call it at your own risk if you must but lockdowns are killing more than the virus is.
Death rate of corona is 1%. If everyone got infected with no intervention, 1% of the 330million people in America is 3.3 million deaths. The approach you're advocating is the same as condemning millions of people to death. It's genocide by apathy.

We're at almost 300k deaths now, but it would have been a much higher number without the public health interventions. More people would have caught the virus and more people would have died.

You can't only keep elderly people at home because people who aren't at risk are still carriers. You can't isolate at risks populations 100% because they generally need care. You would also need to isolate caretakers. But if caretakers are mixing with general population with widespread community infections, you're going to end up killing the elderly anyway.

Also, deaths and health complications AREN'T limited to the elderly. A lot of it is luck of the draw. If you get a bad case you can die or have permanent disability even if you're young and considered "healthy".

Not to mention hospital capacity. We're maxed out now with the interventions that have been put in place. When you run out of hospital capacity completely death rates will go up across the board for covid/non-covid because you can no longer keep up with treating preventable disease.

The pandemic will end when we get to population immunity. This can either happen by getting exposed to the virus, getting antibodies from blood plasma, or getting one of the vaccines. Depending on what mix of those options we end up with more/fewer people will die, and it will end sooner/later. All of this stuff is scientifically predictable at this point.

Also for the record, I'm not blindly pro-vaccine or pro-lockdown. I'm personally hesitant to take a vaccine where there have been no studies of long term side effects. Also only think lockdowns are needed in places where hospital capacity is an issue. Long term you have to keep the economy going or a lot more people will die from poverty and starvation. But I'm also not going to ignore the fact that some level of intervention needs to be taken to prevent the worse case of deaths.

Masks and masks mandates are proven effective at lowering spread and keeping deaths down. The vaccine will slow down the community spread for the people who are willing to take it. It will be a while before any of us have access to it anyway. We only ordered 50million doses through Feb, so that's only 25million people getting the vaccine (roughly 1 of 13 Americans)
fraze is offline   Reply With Quote