View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 02:52 AM   #23
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Doesn’t still explain the lightning speed, nor does it inspire confidence.

By all means, y’all take what you want to take. I’m going to need something way more deadly than this COVID for me to even consider a vaccine. My immune system is good enough .

Also I don’t see how anyone thinks it’s a good idea for it to be MANDATORY/FORCED on people.

The speed is because it doesn't take much time to develop the mRNA. You put the virus in a DNA sequencer, find the spike protein, copy the protein sequences that build it. No guess work needed, you're following the design of the existing virus.

Most of the development time is actually the time it takes to go through 3 phases of trials. They started those back in March or so.

I get your perspective if you're not worried about the risks. 1% chance of death, 10% chance of potential long term complication. As long as you're not one of the unlucky few, it has minimal impact on you.

But the main reason they want to get most people vaccinated is you can't slow down community spread of the virus until most people have defense either from their own antibodies after surviving or from vaccination. If we don't get to like 70% the pandemic will never end, it will stick around kinda like the flu. If we get to enough community resistance to stop it from spreading, things can go back to the old normal.

We're going to be wearing masks in 2022 because of people doing dumb shit around this vaccine.
fraze is offline   Reply With Quote