View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:05 PM   #59
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Championship: Cereal_Killa (5-1) vs. zygote (11-3)

I hate speaking from a place of ignorance (not really) but I've tasked myself with making predictions so here I go. I haven't read anything from Cereal Killa. Maybe I have, in some random vote or something like that. I mean I don't have his style and writing pegged, at all. Can't recall any lines or verses. I'm sure he must be good since he is le champion but I can't speak from first hand experience. Zygote I do know, and respect (lol take my e-respect brah). He's the super saiyan of the cold-hearted analysis form. I base that off how he titles his shit literally and just writes from there on. He can write humorous and serious with equal APLOMB. My nigga got that robot heart of gold. Should be a dope match. Or not. I don't know, since I don't know this Cereal Killa bro. Zygote merked me with a nigh-impossible-to-counteract gambit in our champ match. Plus I was black out drunk and fresh off losing racks at blackjack when I wrote the worst verse of my life. No excuse. Just riffing right now, bros. My pick is Zygote da gawd. I think Zygote's probably got one of the highest IQ's on this site (NYC mentioned how he's a GOAT chess player, plus his general behavior) and I wonder if his 'lack of emotion' in his pieces is actually just a boredom and he's just writing whatever comes to his mind, whenever, for shits. WHO KNOWS.

Contender match: cyph her (2-1) vs. Certain (4-4)

I hate speaking from a place of ignorance (not really) but I've tasked myself with making predictions so here I go. I haven't read anything from Cereal Killa. Maybe I have, in some random vote or something like that. I mean I don't have his style and writing pegged, at all. Can't recall any lines or verses. I'm sure she's good because dyedinthewool has been the resident femcee and she's doing better (no hate ditw, actually lol @ you. stop posting cat gifs and write good). BUT MY NIGGA CERTAIN FINNA CHAMP THIS ENTIRE FUCKING LEAGUE. Maybe. Who knows. Certain's dope, I probably rate him higher than anyone else does on this site. Very on point, at all times, with different tools in his arsenal. He's got the poetic style, metaphorical, and regular text styles down. Smart writing with a message or tonal aspect few can match.

Frank (9-5) vs. Adonis (6-8)

Adonis good. Sometimes. Sometimes he has good wording and his verses are excellent. Sometimes his wording is funky and everything falls apart. In my mind he's one of the wildcards. If he's on he can almost feel his fingernails scrape that top tier. But it's 50/50 if he brings it each week. Not an effort thing. Just part of his writing, I think, how he feels going into it each week. Frank is Frank. You know what you're getting with him. He's like black in that he has a honed style that works for the audience of this site. Consummate story teller. This should be a dope match.

El Pancake (5-3) vs. Vulgar (6-4)

[insert innocuous/funny comment here]

Soulstice (2-4) vs. Vividlyvague (7-6)

Zenland (1-2) vs. King Ra. (6-6)
patrown (2-3) vs. Bladed Thesis (2-0)
Lemur (0-0) vs. Objective (0-2)

i got bored.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?