View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 11:59 AM   #9
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Answer seemingly didn’t get familiar / familia / relate. I got you, bruh. It was good, mostly wording wise rather than conceptually or anything, but I liked it.

Lip Waxed was made better because of the face of the site tie-in. Again, the wording made this sound better than I felt it was conceptually. Good shit.

I don’t get the Ryan Hurst thing to be honest, I get that Ryan is his first name and you’re going for Hurst/hearse which isn’t clean to me in my accent but I can see what you’re hinting at. No idea who RH is for the laying pipe tie-in but I think I can get the gist without caring to google it.

I wasn’t a big fan of the Gangrel line in truth

LMFAO @ how bad Stadiumming/ stay DMing me is. That is one horrible as fuck reach to me personally, bruh. I can’t look past it. Legit garbage juice lolololol

I’ve seen similar to the piggy bank / metal in its stomach before tbh so conceptually it wasn’t that fresh to me, wording wise it lacked some of that AK aggression we love IMO. I liked it, still, just wasn’t mind blowing or anything.

I thought Ewer was solid, not seen the play before and I liked what you did with the line. It’s simple, direct and straight to the point.

I wasn’t such a fan of the homeless druggy mom line, especially following the last one. All the tie-ins were there, maybe too many for me in truth, it felt like you attempted to do too much with and the payoff wasn’t all that great (to me)

I wasn’t feeling the comma between Nolan and Ryan in the closer, I find it really odd that people do that in text to be honest, to me it’s like you’re really reaching hard for the concept. I dunno. Maybe these other dudes will like it, but it’s not for me. It’s one of those lines that only really works in text IMO

vs

lmao Blue beginning right where I left over with AK on ‘lines that sound weird when read aloud”. I don’t say “call it a night,” with a hard A sound in there. It also only works if (to me) if his name was A Knight and not Allen. I like it conceptually, just not so much in its execution. It could just be me being nitpicky, but I hold everyone to my ridiculously high standards and that’s one thing
I can’t look past here

Audits/odd it’s doesnt work in my accent but I can see it in yours. I’ll give you that one.

I fucked with heli-skiing tbh, it’s a bit of an obscure one (to me) but I liked it enough.

I don’t get Shamwow and don’t feel like googling it. At least that evens out the one I didn’t get by AK to keep the scores clean and even here.

Side piece in your grill reminded me of Jabari’s “loyal friend” somewhat wording wise but I liked this one even though I’ve seen side piece and grill stuff done before, the wording made it feel fresher I guess.

Allays was a bit of a miss to me in truth, again it could be one of those text lines that don’t work well enough when sounded out for me to enjoy as much as some people might do. I can kind of see it, but it’s not my thing.

Takes the rings off was fire, not seen that concept done before. I’d have probably worded the second half of the line different to “branded them as table wipes” but I won’t dwell on that here - this was nice.

Not feeling the tech line, wording wise it had too much going on with associative words and the end meant it didn’t land with any real sting (for me). Especially following the last line, maybe it caused this one to lose some of its impact given how clean the couplet before it felt. I dunno. It wasn’t bad, just lacked some zing to it maybe?

I’ve seen recital / recite’ll done before. This one wasn’t bad but wasn’t great, it just felt a bit flat to me in truth - especially as a closing line. I’d have expected more of an ATTACK from the master of attack lines. Lol. Again, it was decent enough, just seemed like a kind of BB throwaway type line to me in truth. That’s it.

Vote - Blue bayou

Last edited by Diablo; 07-30-2019 at 01:01 PM.