View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #10
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Candy: Short and sweet, lots of dope literary devices used throughout to synnergize with the story as it all unfolds into a solid and polished piece. It's funny at times yet dark and mysterious in tone throughout. One of the best intros, if not the best, I've seen on here so far. Don't really got much more to say/add about it other than solid, good shit. Defo enjoyed the read.

Scar: Dope intro here as well, sets the tone quite well. The way I read it you paint the picture of a man with anxiety and/or depression of some sort, and I would dare to say some sort of personality disorder whether it's paranoid schizophrenia or some kind of dissociation. Either way I feel you touch on the psyche of a person with extreme inner turmoil and escapes to books in a way that makes it hard to distinguish reality from fantasy which the closure wraps up really well as it all comes crashing down. Thorough and dope.

Vote: First off, how da fuq does one pick a winner on this shit? Both excelled in very different yet pretty similar ways, both are short and sweet with literary devices used well and thought out rhymeschemes to help a solid storyline that fits the topic perfectly but the execution of the story and the details in the picture and the way they're portrayed in your own ways is definitely different in nature. I also felt both managed to include the different elements and details of the topic at hand in a satisfying way.

In the end it kinda comes down to taste and I enjoy the human psyche pretty well. I also liked the inclusion of Danielle which is pretty prevalent in the picture, and Scar painted that character really well with the character as the basis while intertwining the story together in a really interesting way. With weight on the latter and the overall work I got to hand my vote to Scar. But that shouldn't detract from Candy's verse either as I thought it held up really fucking well without going too complex/heavy on the story. Most enjoyable battle I've read so far this week and will be dope to read more from both of you as times goes on, good shit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o