View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Both you were on some other level of flow and content for this bout. Nay, amazing bout. Close as hell boys.

I loved Soulstice' use of language in general. Each line, literally, each line had so much meaning built with calculated choice words. A true topical, such a dying art, about people and our "loves" or wants and needs. From reason for war to over glorifing movie stars. There was quite a bit packed into these bars with extreme depth, yet fluid enough to follow and not overly wordy. One of the better verses this season.

Black, this shit was dope bro, very touching and honestly pulling something this emotional off in my opinion is tough because it can read very corny at times. I felt you verse, all the way through. I have a grandma that passed years back but she was basically my mom so there's that conection. The flow was extremely high paced and hit hard through out. With that said, wasn't fond of the opening in you saying you never met him, then through out the verse explained different instances of being there for the burial and watching your parents cry when he passed meaning you were alive when he was, to me meaning you did meet him. Also, the corny thing I wrote, I felt you went a tad corny with the last stanza, didn't feel it was neccessary or proper, something else could have been added in place of it, but the ending I wasn't too fond of either

Vote- Topicaldood5.

IMO soul just had the better verse. It was written very crisp, read smoother and had more meat or depth to it. Overall better in my eyes.

Dope season boys

Chea!

TUPAC SHAKUR