View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #178
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Just Write, all season I've been loose about the editing deadline. You say you had part of a verse written? That's exactly what happened two weeks ago against Vividlyvague. Both of you posted half-verses and edited in full ones. You and King Ra. easily could have done the same this week. But you say you had half a verse finished, but I checked the time stamp on your account. You had been active on the site at 2:07 then hadn't checked back until 20 minutes after the deadline.

With El Pancake last week, he had given me a heads-up that if he didn't post on time he'd post very close to on time, which he did. Several others have had similar situations in the past. Say something. Say, "Hey, I can show but I might need 10 extra minutes." Or really, just post what you have and edit things quickly. If you're still editing a verse the next day, yeah, I'll disqualify you. But I haven't disqualified anyone yet this season for editing within an hour or so of the deadline, you included.

And Witty, your no-show loss from that week clearly isn't going to be taken off your record. I've seen enough of your writing to know that you wrote that shitty half-verse in the 20-30 minutes after your battle was closed just to whine.