View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #284
DMS
DMS—Diddled My Stick

DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i disagree. the fetuses are without a doubt human life, the argument is if that human life is valuable. thats the problem though because pro-lifers pretend that it holds the weight of killing a 5 year old kid full of potential with your bare hands, and the pro choicers pretend that its just a malignant growth of benign cells destined to kill the mother.

i'd have more respect for both sides of the debate if we could just look at it for what it actually is.
A person in moral terms is someone who should be treated by moral standards( so you can't treat them in immoral ways, unlike, say, a rock), so if they are persons they have value. I would argue a 5 y.o. has les range of potential than a fetus but also potential has nothing to do with it imo. An 80 something person has less potential than allot of animals, that doesn't mean a dog overvalues an 80 some person.

I would also say that abortion and murdering a 5 year old aren't equally evil in the fact that no decent person would kill a 5 year old with their bare hands, but many decent people would have an abortion. But both lives have almost equal value to me and both should be protected.

what we really should discuss is what makes something a moral person.
DMS is offline   Reply With Quote