View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 05:56 AM   #7
MMLP

Battle Record: 15-16

Champed
- Write Week 9

MMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant future

Hate to vote on my boys battle, but I have to soo… I did tell baz don’t underestimate J and he did (LOL) judging how serious he took the piece n comp overall, lets see how they both look!

Mr J- Very clean read, always enjoy your style my man. AGAIN, it comes across natural, keystyled in ten mins (lol) n effortless. My main gripe tbh thou is that the overall topic wasn’t as apprehensive as I usually see from you. I think you tried to match up the Barons style in the first few lines but quickly got back to your natural rhythm and was better off for it imho. This piece seemed open to interpretation on first read but I think the ‘no squares in my circumference’ (that could be a mantra btw, dope) and the last line vindicates what innov said! To be frank thou, hopefully not sounding biased but you’d need to catch baz on an off day to beat him here, story overall isn’t as impactful as the artful writing/ wording, came to the same conclusion with wittys verse in truth!

Mynd- too many lulzzz to quote, right off the bat with the title was a good start!

"A finger taps the Tinder app and lights up the screen
within a flash the single man's profile is complete!"

that’s some tight penmanship right there! Too many references to go off overall, love to see bags come back with a diss thou tbh!
As a whole the piece was a little too wordy at times, I struggled to see what was rhyming but that’s the challenges u love to set haha, but from the first lines I have to admit, I did expect more fluency but on reflection that WASN’T the what you set out to do…. the comedic element/ content was your first priority and rightly so cuz the lulz, wordplay, punchlines seemed relentless and it all paid off!

I gotta go with Eminem’s biggest fan on this, his verbal assault on the admin of this comp was rash, bold, unnecessary but definitely paid off! haha!

Good job lads!