Thread: I like Eminem
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #90
Clout

Battle Record: 1-0

Clout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
also i'm the wrong person to talk to when we're speaking about people relevant in hip hop in 2018.

i like that AZ was brought up though, but obviously "the format" should be used to display his lyricism. he's probably my favorite when he is 100 percent on point. he's never WACK. but he can be as average as any other "good" lyricist. the sad part is he is pretty average as far as good lyricists in hip hop go the majority of the time. but when he is on point its hard to compete.

but again there are different types of lyricism. i only like the mention of AZ with EM because they both tend to go crazy with schemes of multis while working in inner rhymes, and even rhyming entire bars for periods of time.

but then you have the black thought's of the world, who doesn't get AS complex as them, but his content of his bars is far beyond their shit WHILE still being complex enough to be masterful

and then you got guys like jay electronica who on the surface is NOWHERE NEAR them, from a complexity standpoint, but he is as good of a lyricist as they come. no ones writing like him.

thats just a few examples, its way too complex to really break down. but again i can't seperate the rapper from the music, thats why i can look at jay electronica in the same category as them without blinking an eye, while from your guys standpoint thats just silly.

but the problem comes in, that i completely understand your guys' viewpoint, and why you form your opinion the way you do, but you don't understand mine. its from a place of ignorance, whether self imposed or not. you either never wanted to see the skill in them or just never bothered to. im probably spoiled from my foray into pretending to be a beatmaker and being exposed to so many different styles you gain a different appreciation of how artists attack beats.
I actually think Az is better at rhyming then eminem tbh. Em has alot of corny stuff he uses to rhyme. Crap, poop and stuff like that & some of the most predictable multis. I generally think AZ on point is a better lyricist in rhyming depo. Always thought GZA the genius was a hell of a lyricist as well, Killah priest & Ghostface too
Make her a slave to black dick the next time she makes a racist remark point to your dick. If she says "are all blacks ghetto?" You reply with "did you or did you not have my hairy black balls on your forehead?"
Clout is offline   Reply With Quote