View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #3
Scar

Battle Record: 7-5

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League

Scar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant future

Hey Ad, just stopping by to show some love, my man. you know what i noticed? "Of" is often the go-to preposition for poetry-style writers. i just recently realize that cause i do it too at times lulz. anyway man this is a sad poem. i think its about a breakup and the painful aftermath. lots of truth here as im sure we all have these experiences. you break up, but usually its a cry for something, but then they just kind of move on and that shit in itself is like throwing salt in a wound while trying to cauterize it with molten lava infested with cryptonite, when your supposed to be superman.

Quote:
But once I turned to excavate my escape there was no longer weakness in her walls
that was great.

Quote:
Monotony is a bear trap with its teeth in my ankle...
this line felt off. i think i get it, like repetition or habit will lead to some kind of stasis but the analogy itself like bear trap somehow felt off idk lul

Quote:
Should have ignored that spark in the dark, my supposed saving grace
That "guiding light" was just the last of the embers dying in this colorless, fleeting place
that was awesome.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote