View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default Let's talk; the death of a forum.

Good thing Bodied is about to come out, maybe we'll get a new influx of hype surrounding text. Maybe that's why people have started to come back, or check out different forums or whatever again as it sparks inspiration. But make no mistake, there might not be that much time until people lose interest again and we're back to where we was 6 months ago with maybe 2-3 new people staying around unless we're lucky and people keep posting here.

What I see is happening tho is the same shit that happened to a Norwegian forum 10 years ago. People getting a shitload of interest around winter because there's nothing else to do anyways, tourneys are popping and so on, then spring/summer comes along and the interest dies down a bit. Repeat this for 2 more years and the place is dead besides of the people that have been there since forever. Nowadays text and/or audio battling is dying and taking on new forms. All the new cats are on discord or the battle.me app, 95% them won't come around or even google these places where the old folks are so we're at a bigger disadvantage than before. The death of a forum I'm speaking of is the forum I ventured ages ago and was extremely similar to Netcees, I'm afraid NCs will have the same fate in 3-4 years time and people might not care that much anymore because there isn't any new challenges to pursue, or new cats and prodigies that takes the text community with storm making the vets having to actually try their best against someone new for once.

That's what I mean, NC and all the other forums is the old school way of doing things. Roasting someone that just got here just keeps the circle jerk going with no room of taking on new forms, because fuck change or new personalities that we don't like, right? Or I'm I completely wrong and should just stfu, cus I can do that too but at least I tried if our communities ends up with the same fate as the Nordic countries that ventured each others forums at times and battled here and there dying off one by one as new people got roasted or driven off the site before they even got a chance to be a part of it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 01-16-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote