Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
LOL okay, take1mc/Allah/Lama’s/NCs story is quite a complicated one in truth. The David Lama we know and love was predominantly a BBoys.com head. He went by the name Allah at BBoys, but many forget that. Such is his reputation. It was another site I knew OF but didn’t really frequent that hard to see him battling actively for a long time. BBoys had a text league called the WBL that had some pretty dope guys in the likes of Ouch, Resin M-I-C, Butler, Shake Zula, Fracture, Loot etc I believe Lama even ran that for a while. He was a dope mod. Always had been. He was very reliable, very good with decision making most of the time when discrepancies came up. Very knowledgable in text, somewhat of a historian, he had read a lot and was registered at a lot of boards so he knew his shit, to the point he would catch a biter easily if they posted a line because he could recognise it and remember it. Very savvy in that respect. There was the whole Lamabate thing where he was trolled into jerking his junk off on webcam for what he thought was a female that wasn’t, and the video was of course posted which caused roflzzz of epic proportions that we still LOL at today. He even had an avatar of a stick man beating off at a point. But alas, I don’t know exactly why he left BBoys in the end but I understood it to be because of a fallout with Diode. The tricky bit with NC history is that there was a point where Diode let Lama use a database or something that was pretty much a clone of Diodes site (either BBoys/ProjectRhyme, one of those two). From this mirrored database, David Lama created BragginWrites. It had a lot of members from BB/PR as well as a lot of outsiders who took part in previous leagues and tourneys he had run elsewhere so there was a core of dope people from the best of the best the web had around. Diode still owned that shit though, let’s be clear on that, it was and still is Diodes to my knowledge. His is the original the board was mirrored from. Somewhere along the way, Diode has taken back what was his and David Lama went and created Netcees version one. @Diode @Knucklehead @God Of War can probably tell us more on what happened with the mirrored database and why they fell out/why he allowed it etc

From what I also understand, even the later version Knuck/GOW was admin of belonged to diode. They must have bought some kind of old licence off of him or some shit. I don’t know the ins and outs but as I say, the history is pretty odd within these lime green halls. Lama also ran the RBL at RapMusic for a period which was pretty dope. His site BragginWrites introduced the idea of paid weekly leagues. The champ got money. Every week. Soon there were a few sites around the web offering cash for champs and it kicked off an exciting time in text that got people trying again.
This site is a direct copy of mine and GoWs, which was a homegrown remake that never belonged to diode until I convinced GoW it was a good idea to pass it on to him a few years after.

We didn’t use any of the OG database, @Sharp and @trap along with other people used archive web services to grab pieces of the archives bit by bit. They put their blood sweat and tears into this tbrr.
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote