Old 12-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #5
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
YDK vs Mr J

Mr J showed a vast improvement this week from last weeks. Its almost two different writers, or takes, or personalities or styles. Whatever. You get the point. This was a lot better, both in terms of flow, but more so content. This was his kind of topic, really, one he could invest in and relate to I'm sure. It wasn't mind blowingly creative or original, he didn't really take it anywhere unexpectedly or invoke a twist - it was just kind of an introspective look into the mind of the joker we've come to know. The narrative works, it was all there, not really much I felt to quote this time out really but that's not always a bad thing as sometimes when a verse works well cohesively AS A PIECE that's a good sign rather than there just being high and low points, nah mean? Anyway, this is a marked improvement from The Joker here.

YDK: It's often said that YDK writes too much about his daughter. As a family man myself, with a daughter, I can't hold that against him to be real. The guy wears his heart firmly on his sleeve, choosing to keep it reality based and speaking on his past experiences with an openness some writers try to keep back - myself included in that. I tend to tell my stories, my experiences, metaphorically or through characters so it kind of distances me from the events at hand while still maintaining that element of truth to it. So I repeat his craft even if it's not my mode of execution. The emotions were high in this, especially in the final third and I'm sure it was hard for him to write that out. He has a knack for expressing his feelings and putting that to page, that carried this verse, and a lot of it was weighted on that last line - but god, what a line to finish it up with. Crazy realism. I've no doubt this was real shit, and that's what maybe gave him the win here in my opinion. It's real and raw. Almost too real to the point I'm surprised he shared his on an open forum.

YDK got it this week.