View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #33
Ullr
Norse God

Battle Record: 5-6

Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr

Just a space is obviously least and renders effectively no Paws aside from the normal spacing between words based on your Cadence

Hey, is the next shortest it provides a momentary pause slightly greater than that of no punctuation

Next I would say is probably the semicolon or colon depending on your usage semicolon is used for a half new sentence half, Bridge statement and a colon denotes a separate but included list

The next is probably preference in terms of how much of a space it is but I like to use hyphens dashes for longer pauses I will sometimes use more than one dash to really emphasize a hard pause that is not yet a new piece or idea

Finally we have the period hich is obviously the hardest punctuation because it completely disconnects one idea from another meaning that it is entirely distinct and separate only related in terms of its order with relation to other sentences or chunks of your piece.

You can also consider line-breaks and things of that nature to be punctuation as well and you could also consider italics and bold to be another form of punctuation but those are a little different and those are preference and in a touch of irony given that I am talking about punctuation for a verse please excuse the fact that this post will have no such punctuation because I am dictating it via voice recognition haha