Thread: Roast of Aero
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #26
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Bags nailed it, +rep on that shit. I know I'd post more in general if a few of those things got fixed or worked on. At least for newcomers and myself included a little bit more diversity in members would be cool but most of those are pushed away from the site. The rep thing is a little bit off putting as well I guess, some people might feel like posting less or stay away from alternative/entertaining topics (even if they're bad it can lead to some humor) if it means they'll get a bad rep. Most people probably give a shit about the rep but I can see how it may affect some peoples boarding habits and/or making them think they're unwanted and eventually ghosts/leaves the site.

The mob mentality of Netcees is a bit too much to garner new members to the point where they get the community and can join in on it in a healthier manner. There was a time when roasting people almost was some sort of initiation, then when everyone was roasted whoever new came along got the same shit. For someone who don't know how we joke around here (only joins the tournaments or haven't been too active in general), or are new, it's definitely a good reason not to come back for more. Even potential new members checking out the site may not even register if they'd see how new members are treated.

Also putting more effort into helpful votes on new people trying to improve will make them stay as well. When battles get no real votes it may take motivation away from people unless mags are done and people get some shine. I don't know about you guys but if I know a league/tournament got a decent mag going I'm more inclined to join because I for sure love a little bit of attention, lol, along with reading the rest of the mags and what people got say about different battles, interviews, wtf's etc.

I'd love to say ''hey, I can join in and do my part!'' but that's not me atm, I'm not invested enough in the site to do that yet/anymore. I can post more in disc though.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 10-09-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote