View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 01:48 AM   #42
Bodey

Battle Record: 1-1

Champed
- Guerrilla writing league

Bodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant future

@Finnydot it took years for doctors to find the right combination and milligrams of meds to fit my needs, and it was an emotionally trying process. Unfortunately it’s not exactly a science. But once I landed, the first thing I thought about was “holy shit this must be how normal people feel.” Balance. Not crying over everything and being unable to stop. Way less anxiety attacks and not so deep of a depression spell. Pride has hit now and again and I tried weaning myself off, which was a terrible idea. Over the years I learned this is what I needed to do to stay right.

But it’s not just that, life requires coping skills. Situational depression and anxiety will obviously still occur. I’ve put holes in walls before despite being properly medicated. I go to the gym 3 tines a week to keep that kinda shit at bay. I work 40 hours a week and going to school for something I love. And I keep 2 good friends close for when I’m going through it and need to vent out morbid humor with someone who understands. Joking about your own trauma may not be healthy in the eyes of “normal” people but I can say it’s helped me not take myself so seriously. Attitude matters. I’ve been in some pretty dark places in my life and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked back (after getting to the light at the end of the tunnel) and thinking man, I’m so glad I didn’t sabotage the fuck out of everything when I was goin through it.

Sorry to ramble. I’m in my phone so it’s hard to write. I got a dinky little iPhone 5SE over here. Vintage
Bodey is offline   Reply With Quote