View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 05:54 AM   #11
Wuxia
BROKE LESNAR

Wuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant futureWuxia has a brilliant future

It's kind of rare for me to entertain topical battles, but I was curious to see what Dominate was capable of. I was super into his verse, and it just felt so natural. I was thoroughly invested. But symetrik's approach felt conversational, with the storytelling being compelling enough to keep me looking forward to what's next with anticipation. The difference between the two, and what I disliked, was 1 for Dom:

Donny Junior’s parents were very proud of their son
He was Harvard material - they’d never doubted it once
They were sure of the success that their boy was bound to become
The result of meticulous plans laid to ensure he amounted to something
He’d study Medicine like his father. That was the sensible move
Or, if he really preferred, then Law was acceptable too
He’d made straight A’s since eighth grade, - the very best in his school
Thanks to his study schedule and it’s firm, inexorable rules
There were extracurriculars too. Besides his academic pursuits
He captained a rowing team made of other respectable youths
See, their Donny wasn’t just clever - he was very athletic to boot
A perfect physical specimen - his yearly checkups were proof

After this I lost interest, not because of the content but due to the discontinued adherence to the set pattern of flow, it was more punchliney at a time when my what kept my attention was the flow and rhyme scheme.

For symetric what really turned me off was when he equated race with happiness. It was almost as if saying that he was unhappy with not being white, because he perceives happiness itself attainable only due to skin color, and without the right tone he will never be able to acquire the kind of peace for himself he's looking for. It was just too close-minded for me.

That said, I got symetrik here because his verse really got me thinking about his side of the argument, when his entire verse was presented in a conversational manner. That was pretty fucking awesome.

Last edited by Wuxia; 08-25-2023 at 06:19 AM.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote